Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Skewers

After combining ideas that I found on the web, I decided to grill up some chicken tenders for my boyfriend and I tonight. Man, were they tasty! (I apologize for the lack of pictures)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 - 2 lbs. Chicken breast tenders
1/3 cup crushed pineapple or pineapple juice
2 Tbsp Soy sauce
2 Tbsp Soyaki (Teriyaki sauce)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp garlic powder or 1 chopped garlic clove
1 tsp corn starch
1/4 cup White wine
Skewers!

Directions:
Pre-soak skewers in water. (I forgot to start with this step and my skewers burnt...opps!)
 
Create a marinate for the chicken breasts by combining pineapple, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic. Add to a bowl with the chicken tenders and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 min.

Place one skewer in each chicken breast tender (length-wise) and grill on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side.

Now, make the sauce: While the chicken is grilling, take the leftover marinade and pour into a pan. Add wine and corn starch to thicken the sauce. Cook over medium heat until it starts to boil or until it reaches a thick consistency. *It is important to cook the marinade because you had the raw chicken sitting in it earlier!*

Serve the chicken on a bed of white rice and top with the sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment