Sunday, September 5, 2010

Chicken Adobo

So.... I've been a bit MIA for a while. Summer school and work has been keeping me busy lately! But rest assured, I have some new recipes to share! Also, you may have noticed the new color and layout. It's almost Autumn, and anyone that knows me knows that I adore Autumn. Some call it an obsession, including me.

Chicken Adobo

Ingredients:
4 Boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 bay leaf
pepper (to taste)...typically, Adobo calls for peppercorns, but I'm not a big pepper fan.
1 small onion (diced)
1 bunch of Swiss chard or Bok choy


 Start by marinating the chicken thighs in the soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, bay leaf, and pepper in a tightly sealed zipper bag.  Let stand in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.


Saute the onion in a large skillet with a small amount of oil until they are soft.

Next, add in the chicken and marinade and cook on medium heat until it begins to bubble. Turn the heat down and simmer until the chicken is cooked (about 15 minutes).

Meanwhile, chop up the greens into pieces, and add them in to the chicken

After the greens have wilted, plate the chicken on top of white rice with the veggies, and spoon the sauce from the skillet over the chicken.
 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment